"Another worker accepted the job before you...."
This is by design and expected. The extension polls for work available to assign to you. Once it finds a job, it will pass along the assignment link to your browser in a new tab and open it, and only then, work is reserved to you. At any time during the process of checking, assigning, passing URL and opening, another person may have gotten the job before you, as everyone is competing for work from a common pool. If there is another job available to assign, you will receive it, otherwise you will get this message, which simply means that there is no work AVAILABLE to assign to you at the moment.
Black, unresponsive terminal
If you receive a job and the terminal appears to load but remains black, try each of the following:
- Wait a few moments and click a few times in the terminal to make sure it's not just loading slowly due to connection, or inactive due to a screensaver.
If you can't get a working terminal for any job, try the following, one at a time:
- Remove any extensions (including adblock) that might interfere with the terminal loading.
- Make sure Google Chrome is updated to the latest version.
You have requested this job too often. Please return the work.
This message will appear if you have refreshed too many times - currently you can refresh a maximum of 4 times. If you request the job after that, you will see this message and have to close the tab and wait for a new job.
"You reached maximum of unsubmitted applications"
You are only allowed to do one job at a time, and this will appear if one of the following happens:
- You try cheat the system to do more than one job at a time.
- You shared computers with another tester.
- You receive a job too soon after an abandoned job (before it has timed-out)
- Our backend is slow processing your completed job and you receive another job
To resolve, make sure you are only using one account, doing one job at a time and you aren't sharing computers with another tester. Otherwise, the problem should resolve itself in a matter of minutes.
"Your job could not be completed" popup
This happens if you are idle for too long after receiving a job. You will have to wait for a new job. Please see our idle policy for up to date rules.
A security error occurred - popup inside terminal
If you see this message inside the terminal, try refreshing the page to get a new one - this usually resolves the problem.