Payment Options & Editing Payment Preferences
1. How do I enable SKRILL as a payment method?
Part 1 - Sign documents (If you’ve never set up a payment with Rainforest)
- Click the “Account & Profile” tab
- You’ll see the following messages displayed at the top of the screen, “You haven’t set up a payment method. Set up one of the available payment methods and start working with us today!”
- Before beginning setup for your desired payment method, check out the FAQ for that payment method. Links to each FAQ are available on the “Account & Profile” page.
- Once you’re ready to begin setting up your payment method, click the blue “Set Up Payment Method” button. A modal will appear asking for your personal info.
- Let us know where you live, your legal name, and your email address. This is the email address we will send your Tester Agreement and tax forms to, so make sure it is valid.
- Once the above information is filled out, click Next.
- You’ll see a pop up letting you know that Hellosign documents have been sent to your email address. Click Okay.
- Sign and submit the Hellosign documents sent to your email address.
- Testers located in the U.S. will receive a Tester Agreement and W-9
- Testers located outside the U.S. will receive a Tester Agreement and W-8BEN
Part 2 - Setting up Skrill
- Once your Tester Agreement and tax form are signed, radio buttons will appear next to each payment method.
- Select the radio button next to Skrill.
- Click the grey “Go to Setup page” button. This will open up a modal asking for your Skrill email address.
- Enter your Skrill email address and click Save. Make sure the email address you enter in this modal is the same email address associated with your Skrill account.
- If you change the email address associated with your Skrill account in the future, please be sure you update it here as well.
- To do so, click “Edit” next to Skrill. A modal will appear.
- Enter the new email address associated with your Skrill account and click Save.
- You’re all set up & can begin using Skrill as your Rainforest payment method!
Part 3 - Switching Payment Methods
- Once you’ve set up Skrill, you might decide you want to use PayPal instead. No problem!
- Select the radio button next to PayPal and click the blue Save button at the bottom of the screen.
- Clicking save will open a pop up asking you to confirm if you’d like to change your payment method.
- After clicking “Yes, change provider”, a modal will appear asking for the email address associated with your PayPal account.
- Enter the correct email address and click Save.
- Your payment method is now switched!
Part 4 - MTurk Users
If you get paid for Rainforest tasks via MTurk, you are also able to change your payment method to Skrill (or PayPal) if you prefer.
- To change your payment method from MTurk to Skrill, follow the instructions in Parts 1 & 2
- To change your method from Skrill to PayPal, follow the instructions in Part 3
- If you want to change your method from Skrill (or PayPal) back to MTurk, do the following:
- Click the blue Reactivate Old Payment Method link
- A modal with a list of payment options will appear
- Select Mechanical Turk from the list of payment options
- Click the blue Save button
2. Does my portal profile email need to be the same as my Skrill email address?
No. It’s okay if the email address associated with your Skrill account is different from the email address associated with your Rainforest profile. You can change the email address associated with your Skrill account at any time without affecting your Rainforest profile (and vice versa).
3. What are the terms and conditions for using SKRILL
4. Once I receive my payment in my Skrill account, can I exchange money between Skrill <-> PayPal ?
No. Any personal or 3rd party exchanges between PayPal / Skrill is prohibited and may result in termination of your PayPal/Skrill account(s). You may switch between different payment methods from your Rainforest account, however, once payment is received to your PayPal / Skrill account, you cannot perform to/from exchange between Skrill ↔ PayPal.
5. Can I use multiple payment methods with Rainforest ?
Yes - you may edit your payment method at any time. However, balances will not transfer between payment methods. But don’t worry - if you switch to Skrill, your PayPal funds will not be lost. You can still access your PayPal balance by switching your payment method back to PayPal and cashing out.
6. When switching between payment methods, my available balance changes, do I lose any amounts accumulated from other methods?
No. Each payment method has its own separate balance. You will not lose any accumulated balances when switching between payment methods.
7. Can I use another person’s account to cashout my earnings?
No. The Skrill account associated with your Rainforest account must be owned by you (tester) and in your legal name. The account should not belong to anyone else, including any family member or friend.
8. Do I need to verify my Skrill account in order to receive payment from Rainforest ?
No. Your Skrill account does not need to be verified to receive payment from Rainforest. Although in order to withdraw funds from Skrill, account verification is required. For more information please click here.
9. Is Skrill available in my country?
You can check what options are available for your country and currency here: https://www.skrill.com/en-us/siteinformation/fees/
10. I get paid via MTurk. Are MTurk testers required to switch to Skrill or PayPal?
No - MTurk testers are welcome to continue using MTurk if they wish. They are not required to switch to Skrill or PayPal.
Cashing out, Processing Payments, & Fees
1. How do I cash out my available Rainforest balance from my portal profile to my Skrill account?
- Log into your portal profile
- Scroll down - you’ll see your available balance (labeled Available) alongside your other stats such as Total Completed Jobs and Total Found Bug
- To cash out, click “Available to cashout”
- If you don’t have enough funds to cash out (less than 3 cents), you will see the phrase “Cashout unavailable” instead of the “Available to cashout” button.
- Review the payment details presented to you and click the “Confirm” button
- Click “Cancel” if you decide you don’t want to cash out right now
- Funds should cash out to your Skrill account immediately
- Contact Rainforest support if your funds don’t cash out to Skrill within 24 hours.
- Note: the available balance "cashout" feature is only available in the private view of your portal profile, not the public view. Please ensure you aren't in the public view before submitting a support ticket about it being missing.
2. Where can I find the fee structure for my country?
Through this link: https://www.skrill.com/en/siteinformation/fees/
Please make sure to select your country and currency from the drop down fields.
3. Can I cash out partial amounts from my available balance?
No. You can only cash out the full balance available.
4. Is there any fee deduction from when cashing out from Rainforest to Skrill?
Similar to PayPal, there is no fee for testers with a score of “A”. b. Testers without an “A” will be charged a 1% fee or 1 cent, depending on which value is higher. You will never be charged more than $10 in fees upon cashing out your Rainforest balance to Skrill.
5. Is there a minimum $ or maximum amount required for cashing out to Skrill?
You must have a balance greater than $0.02 to cash out.
6. Is there a limit to how often I can cashout?
While we don't limit how often you can cashout from Rainforest to Skrill, we advise you to take cashout fees and Skrill’s own withdrawal fees into consideration. In order to reduce the impact of fees, consider cashing-out from Rainforest to Skrill only when you reach a significant balance.
7. I’m one of the testers who needs to have my PayPal balance transferred to Skrill because PayPal is not available in my country. Will I be able to transfer my PayPal balance over to Skrill once it is implemented?
Once your Skrill account is set up, please send us a support ticket through the Help tab, using the category “Other” with the subject “Balance Transfer”. We’ll then transfer your PayPal balance over to your Skrill balance.
8. My Skrill account is in a different currency, can I still receive payments from Rainforest?
Skrill should automatically convert the USD sent by Rainforest into your chosen currency using their chosen exchange rate.
9. Is Skrill free or is there any annual payment?
Opening and maintaining your Skrill account is free as long as your Skrill account isn’t dormant for a year or more.
Support & Miscellaneous
1. Who should I contact in case nothing was credited to my Skrill account after cashing out? How long do I have to wait before sending a support ticket?
Please contact Rainforest support via the Help tab if you do not see the payment credited to your Skrill account after 24 hours. Use the category “Other” and the subject “Skrill Payment”.
2. There is an investigating notification under my job id, what does that mean?
This usually means that the balance you attempted to cash out is stuck in the processing phase and won’t post to Skrill due to a technical issue. If your balance is still stuck in “investigating” after 24h, please contact Rainforest support via the Help tab. Use the category “Other” and the subject “Skrill Payment”.